Today's inspiration comes from my favourite food magazine, the LCBO's Food & Drink magazine. They have the BEST recipes. This one was originally for grilled spatchcock chicken, but I don't have a barbecue right now, and I had defrosted chicken breasts... so I just used the marinade since it sounded amazing.
Zesty Summer Chicken
from the LCBO Food & Drink Summer 2013 issue
2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice (I used half a small lemon)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
chicken breasts (2-4)
- In a large enough dish, mix together lemon zest, juice, parsley, paprika, oil and salt.
- Dredge chicken through the marinade, coating both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Heat ~1 Tbsp oil in a large frying pan, and cook the chicken breasts, turning one and testing to see if cooked through before serving.
- Alternately - grill on the barbecue, I bet it would be delicious!