Salt & pepper
- Let brie sit on counter for a few moments to soften.
- Lightly toast english muffin, until crunchy on the outside but not burnt.
- Wash and chop cherry tomatoes (I quartered them and then sliced those in half).
- Rinse and coarsely chop fresh basil.
- Put tomatoes and and basil on toasted english muffin, sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic, then with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Apply small dobs of brie over surface (I cut off the rind).
- Toast in toaster oven for ~2 minutes, to soften the cheese.
I had a little nub of leftover brie from this weekend, so this seemed like a great way to use it. Any cheese works of course, but I'd say a nice soft cheese is just about perfect. A month or so ago, we picked up a pack of flavour-infused olive oils from Costco, and so today I used one that was infused with basil. It's a very subtle flavour- but there is a huge difference between good quality olive oil and regular. I always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or an infused oil) when cooking, but the flavour difference really shines the most when the oil isn't used for cooking, but rather as a dressing.
PS - It's my birthday and last night I made maple butter tarts. Best Birthday Breakfast Ever.