Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sriracha Butter

Happy New Year!
(*cough* forgot to hit post)

I'm still on a hot-sauce kick. My fridge is stocked with Nando's peri-peri (in both hot, and mild herb), Frank's Red Hot, and Sriracha!  Yesterday I got a snack fever and instead of eating something, I surfed pinterest for Sriracha recipes. It was super fun, and strangely satisfied my appetite.

I've made blue cheese, and herb and cracked pepper butters before, but when I came across this little gem over at The Endless Meal, I thought to myself that the possibilities are endless.

If you're not familiar with Sriracha, it's a brilliantly flavoured asian-style hot sauce, made with red chillies.  If you can't find it in the asian food section of your local grocery store, plan a trip to the asian markets near you. Much like Franks, you can put this on anything! I've even seen recipes for Sriracha-based sweets, although I'm not sold on those.


Sriracha Butter

from: http://www.theendlessmeal.com/spicy-sriracha-butter/

1/2 cup butter, softened
3-4 Tbsp Sriracha
  1. In a small bowl, mix together butter and Sriracha until well combined.
  2. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container (such as a small jar) for several weeks




Recommended use:  Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwiches with Sriracha Butter.  I had these for lunch today actually, oh my goodness. Seriously.

In case you need more ideas about Sriracha, check out the Sriracha cookbook blog (and their book too), and Bon Appetit's post on 25 Ways to Use Sriracha.

Even better, check out The Oatmeal's Ode to Sriracha.



No comments:

Post a Comment